Anasayfa » Permit

Residence Permit for Incoming Student


Foreigners will not be allowed to stay and study (internship) with touristic visa. All exchange students have to apply for a residence permit.


For your Residence Permit, you need to take the following documents to the Police Station:


  1. Application from the link( print filled application form,
  2. A valid passport and its copy,
  3. Health insurance policy,
  4. 4 Passport size photos,
  5. Official student enrollment document that will be supplied from Student affairs Office of SAMU after arrival.
  6. Accomodation adress in Turkey,
  7. 90,00 Turkish lira (approximately 15 Euro)


Please note that: you have to apply in 30 days after your arrival.


Important Notes:

  • Legal action is taken against students who do not follow the procedures.
  • You do not need to obtain a visa to enter Turkey during the period your residence permit is valid. To illustrate, upon returning to Turkey from a visit to your country during a semester break, you may present your residence permit.
  • The Migration Management takes into consideration the online application date. In any circumstances, you need to take an appointment before your residence permit or visa expires. (Please consider that appointment date can be taken up to 30 days later.)
  • The address you give while you are applying for a residence permit should be correct and complete.
  • In case of any change in name/surname, marital status, address, passport or department/program etc. the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management should be notified immediately.
  • There should be no erasures or scrapes on the residence permit. In case of loss, the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management should immediately be notified.
  • The list of students who are in statuses: registered, not registered, non-registration, on leave, disciplinary punishment or Erasmus-Exchange is sent to the related unit every semester. Information about those who have graduated, have left with their own will or have withdrawn their registration is sent to the related unit in about one week. Therefore, those must follow their residence procedure carefully.
  • The residence permit of the students whose status is “on leave” for any reason is canceled by the Migration Office. Please pay attention to this point while you are freezing your studies or getting leave for one or more semesters. Therefore, those who will stay in Turkey for any reason need to apply for short term residence permit.
  • If you are planning to stay in Turkey while you are not registered in any program (for the graduation ceremony, for graduate program application, etc.) you need to apply for a for a short-term residence permit before your residence expires.
  • The residence permit does not make the parents and other relatives of the student eligible for a residence permit.
  • Students who wish to work may do so by obtaining a work permit. Those who want to get work permit needs to apply to Ministry of Labour and Social Security.


It is your responsibility to be aware of and act according to the rules and regulations about residence permit. Please pay attention in order to avoid any serious legal problems and financial penalties in the future.

The Migration Management carries out the residence permit procedure. Therefore, in case of any rule and regulation change/update, please keep in touch with the below-mentioned managements and follow their website.


For your questions:

Samsun Provincial Directorate of Migration Management

19 Mayıs Mh, Saadet Cd, No.4, İlkadım, Samsun
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone : +90 362 431 28 68


PS. In order to get residence permit, you must have health insurance which you may get either before your arrival or in Turkey. In any case, you should make sure that your health insurance meets the minimum policy content required by the Turkish State.